Getting your Same Day or Immediate Load Dental Implants done in Costa Rica can be an ideal way to get the sparkle back in your smile. This article argues why you should choose Costa Rica for Cheap and Standard Immediate Load Implants. Costa Rica has always been a well-known and affordable medical and dental tourism destination.
Same day dental implants are more advantageous for you than their traditional counterparts. Here’s how:
Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implants Vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implants are:
- Fast and easy: The dentist inserts a titanium post and then a temporary tooth/crown over it. The entire thing is done in not more than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Osseo integration is quick and in 30 days, the permanent crown is put in place.
- The Immediate Load Dental implant can be set at an angle, if need be, and removes the need for bone grafting.
Traditional implants are:
- Slow and fussy: Traditional implants consists of the following steps:
- First surgery: The dentist exposes the jaw bone and inserts a 4mm titanium post. You have to wait for 2 to 6 months until the bone grows around the post.
- Second surgery: the tip of the post is exposed and crown attached. If a bone graft is needed, another surgery is done to insert the titanium post adding another 4 to 8 months of healing time. This is very common as traditional implants can only be inserted vertically.
Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implants Vs. Dentures
The Dental Implants look and feel genuine: Since dental implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent bone loss and gum recession that are common with bridgework and dentures.
Dentures look and feel artificial: Even if you can sometimes fool people with dentures, they definitely don’t feel like your own teeth.
Same Day/Immediate Load Implants Vs. Bridging
Same Day/Immediate Load Implants preserve teeth: Dental implants do not require that the adjacent teeth be changed in any way. Hence, your healthy teeth are left intact, which is an important long-term oral health benefit.
Bridging affects adjacent teeth: In bridgework, some cutting of the adjacent teeth may be required.
Although dental implants are in many ways a better option than dental bridges, it is better if you consult your doctor before making the decision. And if he/she says dental implants may not suit you, you can then consider dental bridges that cost an affordable $400 for a full set.
What is the cost of Same Day Dental Implants in Costa Rica?
The cost can vary depending on if you want just one implant or many and also depending on where you get it done. In the US and Canada, it could cost between $2,000 – $4,000. But the same cost can drop drastically to a starting price of $675, if done in Costa Rica. Now, isn’t that a steal?
Why get Immediate Load implants done in Costa Rica?
- You save about 50-60% of cost;
- Close to US and Canada. Hence, you do not spend much money or time on travel;
- The established reputation of Costa Rica’s hospitals. The low cost of treatment doesn’t mean a compromise of any sort in the quality of medical care. Costa Rica’s increasing popularity with medical tourists is, in fact, proof of its high standards. Costa Rica dental surgeons are highly qualified and experienced;
- Costa Rica is a beautiful country. So, if your dental implants give you an excuse to go to Costa Rica, go for it!
On the whole, it’ll be a great experience worth remembering.
How to get to Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is easily accessible by air. All major US and Canadian airlines fly to Costa Rica. Prices of tickets can vary between $400-800, but can drop in low season. US and Canadian citizens need valid passports to go to Costa Rica.
Getting your Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implant done in Costa Rica is the smart way to bring the confidence back in your smile.
(Same Day Implant system traces its history to Dr. Per Ingvar Branemark’s pioneering work on dental implants. The implants are now manufactured by a number of companies like Nobel Biocare, Straumann, Biohorizons, etc.)