First, dental implants take time because:
* Your old teeth are pulled out.
* If there is underlying infection or abscess that needs to be treated. This may take time.
* A titanium screw is implanted in your gum
* It has to be given time about 6-8 weeks to heal and bond with your bones and gum.
* After that a dental technician takes measurements to get you fitted with dental crown.
* You are then fitted with a crown which is cemented on to your implant.
* The last step may take a few visits to get it right.
The whole procedure can take anywhere between 2-6 months depending on the quality and density of the bone receiving the implant. Costs vary from $1500 – $5000 in our area depending on which area you reside in.
If you are getting more than one tooth replaced then the time required will increase accordingly.
Who needs a tooth implant?
Anyone who has lost a tooth for various reasons is a possible candidate for tooth implant.
Why dental implants?
One very important reason is because these help save tooth. Dental bridges and dentures cause the erosion of teeth, bones and gum which does not happen if you go from tooth implants.
Do you really need teeth implants?
It has emerged as the most effective treatment for replacing lost teeth.
If you have a lost a tooth in accident or due to infection or to cavities, then you can opt for them. If your bone is weak or has an infection then first that condition will be remedied. After the bone graft is completed healed or the infection treated you will be ready to receive your teeth implants.
What are same-day dental implants?
Some tooth implants are done in a day – Where teeth are pulled out, titanium stud placed and teeth attached in a one day surgery. However the teeth at this stage are actually temporary teeth that are not meant for chewing anything tougher than pasta. A dental crown is placed over the implant after a few weeks time.