If you suffer from pain, have issues chewing food, or are embarrassed by how your smile looks, then dental implants may be right for you. Dental Implants allow you to have natural looking teeth and can last a lifetime. At Brenner Dental Care we offer restorative services to our patients, and one of the most common is dental implants.
Dental Implants are the closest thing to having natural teeth. They look and feel natural in your mouth, and are comfortable. Implants allow you to do everything you would normally do with natural teeth. Dental Implants are becoming increasingly popular because they are a more permanent solution compared to dentures or bridges.
Implants act similar to a screw that bonds in the jawbone. They are like artificial tooth roots made of titanium, and provide a base or support to one or more artificial teeth also known as crowns. If the patient does not have enough bone to support the implants, a bone graft can be done. It is important to have enough bone because this is the support structure for the implants. When implants are placed in the jaw bone, the bone grows around the implants. This process is called osseointegration. Osseointegration allows the implant to function like a natural tooth root in the mouth.
A connector or abutment is set on top of the implant to hold the crown in place. The abutment acts as a support structure for the crown. Crowns are made to match your existing teeth color and shape so your smile looks natural.
Implants are the strongest solution for teeth needing replacement. They have been used for over 30 years and continue to be a highly used restorative procedure today.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Preserves natural bone in the mouth and helps stimulate bone growth.
- Implants provide long term value financially.
- Dental Implants are permanent, so there is no slipping or clicking like with bridges or dentures.
- Other dental solutions require you to take out your replacement teeth for cleaning, and this is not needed with dental implants.
- Looks and feels natural in the mouth providing a beautiful smile.
- Dental Implants are one of the safest procedures performed today.
- Patients do not need to worry about food getting stuck under or in-between replacement teeth with dental implants.
- With good oral hygiene and a great at home care routine, dental implants can last for years or even a lifetime.