The Health Insurance Fund pays benefits for dental care and dentures.
- Dental care is free of charge for persons under the age of 19. Free dental care is provided only by dentists who have concluded the contract for financing medical treatment with the Health Insurance Fund. Read more about dental care and orthodontics from the website of the Health Insurance Fund.
- As of July 1, 2017, the Health Insurance Fund will reimburse dental care to adults with health insurance up to 30 euro per year. The benefit can be used only at the dentists who have concluded the contract for financing medical treatment with the Health Insurance. The benefit applies to essential dental care services. The benefit will be taken into account at the time of payment to the dentist.
- As of July 1, 2017, the dental care benefit increases up to 85 euros per year:
– For pregnant women and mothers of children under one year of age
– For old age pensioners
– For persons receiving pension for incapacity for work
– For persons with partial or no work ability
– For persons over 63 years of age
– For persons with increased need for dental care
The benefit will be taken into account at the time of payment to the dentist.
- Once every three years, the Health Insurance Fund compensates old-age and disability pensioners, health insured persons over the age of 63 and persons with partial or no ability to work for dentures in the amount of 260 euros. NB! The procedure for payment of Denture benefit will not change before 2018. Denture benefit is paid up to 260 euros over a three-year period. From January 1, 2018, the form of the benefit will change. Then you will no longer have to file an application for a Denture benefit, but the benefit will be taken into account at the time of payment to the dentist.
Both health insured and uninsured adults have no right to receive free dental care, only emergency care that is provided for them in situations where the postponement of care or failure to provide care may cause the death or permanent damage to the health of the person requiring care. Whether the services provided can be regarded as emergency care is decided by the dentist.